How to Build Your First Website with Parallels Plesk SiteBuilder
Parallels Plesk SiteBuilder 5.0 is a sophisticated yet accessible web design tool. The true power of SiteBuilder is that it allows you to build a professional-grade website without graphic design skills or knowledge of HTML. Beginning the SiteBuilder process is a simple as choosing page designs and contempt templates that suite the website you desire. Finalizing the process is as simple as adding text pages and then publishing the site. In between, there’s a great deal of opportunity for advanced users to drill down to the details and create a truly unique Web presence.
How to Build Your First Website with Parallels Plesk SiteBuilder 5.0
1. Log in to the Parallels Plesk control panel.
2. Ensure that you’ve created the domain where you will create the new website.
3. Click the Websites & Domains tab.
4. In the list, locate the proper domain, and then click the Edit in SiteBuilder link to the right of it.
5. If the domain is not visible, expand the list using the links in the lower right-hand corner.
6. If the domain is still not visible, use the Subscription dropdown box to navigate to the appropriate subscription.
7. If you’ve already created a website for this domain or the system has created one for you, click the Start Over link in the SiteBuilder 5.0.0 box at the top of the page. At the next dialog, click the Yes button to confirm.
8. A wizard will walk you through setup of the site. Choose a category. Choose a topic. Enter a site name, which the system will use for headers and labels. Then, click the Create Site button in the lower right-hand corner.
9. A contact info dialog will appear. Confirm the data is correct, and then click the ‘Submit and create site’ button.
10. SiteBuilder will choose a layout and style based on your choices. If unsatisfied, click the Start Over link.
11. Alternatively, you can edit and fine-tune individual details in the Modules, Layout, Style, Pages and Settings tabs.
12. Once satisfied, click the Publish button in the upper-right hand corner of the SiteBuilder box.
More About SiteBuilder
The key to mastering SiteBuilder is to understand its component parts: modules, layouts, styles and pages. A SiteBuilder page is the core component. It’s just like a traditional webpage except that it has the capability to host other SiteBuilder components, such as modules, styles and a layout. SiteBuilder modules can be headers, text blocks, images and navigation widgets. A SiteBuilder layout dictates the structure of webpage. Each SiteBuilder site has a global layout, but you can also dictate another layout for specific webpages or classes of webpages. A SiteBuilder style is a style sheet that you can apply globally, to a subset of pages or to an individual webpage.